Thursday, 3 April 2008

One week to go (well like 9 days)

Alright Team

There is just over a week to go! Apologies at being pretty poor at doing this, oh well lesson learned I’m not so good at the self promotion thing obviously! I have done my training and am now hoping that it is enough, I am still frantically trying to do the fundraising thing! So any help there greatly appreciated! And I am looking forward, albeit with a little trepidation to Sunday week. I am potentially looking forward to the afternoon once it is all over more than the actual process of the run, but I am beginning to think about how awesome it will be and what a sense of achievement I will have out of completing the race.

Please if you are in London it would be awesome if you could come along on the day to cheer me & the other 37,999 runners along! I believe that there is a team of supporters for me being organised for Westferry Road, in Canary Wharf, at about the 15 mile mark, about 100 metres up from the Mr Men & Little Miss supporters area there will be a sign, and possibly pom-poms. But contact me or Gill for more details.

Anyway in case I get busy next week and in the week after when alcohol can be slowly reintroduced into my blood stream again (along with caffeine as I will be giving up coffee from Monday as I can’t have any the morning before the race). I just would like to thank everyone who has supported me over the past three months. From offering to buy me a beer when they knew very well I couldn’t have one, to checking in to see how my runs were going, sponsoring me and offering me words of wisdom. Also a very special thank you to Gill, my sweet you are just lovely. You’ve made me maps, you’ve updated my i-pod, you’ve given me pep talks and hugs and of course you are organising everything for me for the race day and subsequent after party. I honestly couldn’t have done this without your support, you rock, love you loads!

Right now that the thank yous are over, at least for the time being, I can focus, get ready, get primed for D Day. Bring it on!

Arohanui

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are too nice about me. You are the person actually running 26.2miles, i could never do that!!!

I know you are going to finish, do great and be proud of yourself for ever (as I will be).

And now I need to buy some pom poms. :-)

love u

Gill
aka chief cheerleader

Emz said...

Good luck buying pom poms honey. Am not too nice, I honestly couldn't have done it without having your support. Which in this last week I need more than ever!

Love you too

xoxo