Thursday, 31 January 2008

I've been a bad blogger!

Alright so I’ve been a bit slack at posting interesting info & for that I am sorry guys! I know how much you all look forward to my random rants…

Anyway I have been busy training & focusing on NOT drinking, which has actually been easier than I thought it would be. However next weekend is the traditional Waitangi Day Circle Line Pub Crawl (9 February) culminating in many white Kiwi boys living in London (made pastier by the location) ripping off their shirts outside Buckingham Palace or Westminster & performing the haka. So suffice to say that while I am ‘doing’ the Circle Line Pub Crawl I am also not ‘doing’ it as I shall be on the OJ (without vodka thank you very much you sceptics!).

Training has been progressing, I still have the ability to tune in to my ipod & therefore tune out the pain or the exhaustion & do my runs around East London. It is fun getting to know my neighbourhood, quite possibly something that I wouldn’t have done, or at least not until it got warmer, so it is rewarding on multiple levels. While London living has not been kind to me, I may have been in good enough shape (cough, cough) before I left that it is not so bad, although still rather challenging, to do my runs. What I find the hardest is the speed or interval training that I am also doing to get that bit faster & be able to train a bit harder. So I will get there, I have just over 10 weeks to go, so in the scheme of things not long enough!

Please, please remember that while I am doing this for my own pain & for your entertainment pleasure, I am also doing this to raise money for Children with Leukaemia, which is an incredible organisation here in the UK. I am way off my target of £2,000 so please, please whip out your credit card & make a donation at:

www.bmycharity.com/EmzTakesOnLondon

Also please pass this on to your friends, whanau (family), colleagues etc! Your help is greatly appreciated.

Emz

No comments: